Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Response to Rooker

Mrs. Barrett’s article was only part of what spurred the Twit outburst. Several others did as well. I understood the satire and that is was meant as a “Wow look how bad this could really be” and that’s what I reacted to. The theory that a show with this premise could be possible turned my stomach. Like the article the #notwittertv hash was buzzed like crazy. Like Liz I could not sleep and I have taken a great deal of personal attacks over this and that is fine. My point I feel was similar to Liz’s point the OMG look how crazy out of control a show with this premise could be. The viral response was completely unexpected. I have been informed it was perhaps the largest Twitstorm to date.

Like Liz I am receiving personal attacks I am like I said “just a guy from South Carolina” that hated the idea that this might happen in a worst case way. Prevention was my intention and Liz’s article made many people think, for that I feel she did a great thing.

Twitter for 24 hours actually was something more than just #3wordsaftersex #unfollowdiddy or some other utterly pointless hash, it had energy and a purpose. I only wish it was over something that would make a difference for the regular people like Liz and I that are just trying to get by, or that it could have spurred true social change.

This has been a lesson for me, I liked being that Mr. Nobody.

thank you for the blog
@no_tweet_show